Click Me!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Run. Donut. Fun. (REACh Run)

There were 3 things you needed to remember for this novel Saturday run:
1. Run.
2. Eat a doughnut (or four).
3. Have a lot of fun!

My sister and I arrived at Bonifacio High Street before 6 a.m. to officially register for the run (pre-registration was via email) which was to start at 7 a.m. The atmosphere that greeted us, albeit a little low-key compared to the usual races, was surprisingly festive for a small event with just a little over 200 participants. It reminded me of the Pringles Run, which was just as fun. You could feel the excitement in the air, especially when the Krispy Kreme crew reeled in boxes upon boxes of KK doughnuts. We couldn't wait for the race to start!

Since it was still a bit early, I decided to run a few laps around BHS to log in a few, and to try out my latest running song (on repeat mode. Obsessed much? haha). It was my first time to do a morning run in Fort without the crazy race crowd (yet). It was good. I made a mental note to go there more often.

When I got back to the starting point, I found my sister chatting up an old running buddy of ours. Looks like the lure of the fried dough with a hole was too tempting, hmm? ;) Hey, I'm all for it, if it'll get anyone up and running on an early Saturday morning.

The race started a few minutes past 7 a.m. As soon as we heard the go signal, everyone was off and running. And not just running, running really fast! Must be so that they'd be sure to get a piece of those doughnuts in the challenge zone. Myself included.

Surprisingly, running the 2.5 km was the easy part. Finishing 4 whole doughnuts, to be eligible to win, was the real challenge. When I got to the doughnut challenge zone, I spotted Running Fatboy already halfway into his first doughnut. We both decided to eat just one (I just finished half). I'm surprised to hear myself say this but, that feat was easier said than done. Really. You had to be there.

One by one, our friends trickled in. Of course, photo ops were a must. As soon as the last of the gang came in, we had our doughnut boxes numbered for reservation, and off we went to finish the rest of the race.

All in all, this run was definitely a HOLE LOTTA FUN!!!

{Stacks of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts}

{Early Bird Incentive}

{Mid-race Snack}

{Gigay's doughnut face. Mmmm!}
{Stuffed Running Fatboy}


{Dough I dare? Nah!}

{RFB and Burp: They're Baaack}

{Sugar Rush!!!}
{Fueled by Krispy Kreme and Rush}


{Little runner with a big appetite. Winner!}

{Happy Campers. After a fun doughnut run? Who wouldn't be?}


2 comments:

  1. can i just say that i was the first to cross the finish line among our little gang? whee! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. True, true. Congrats! And you had the most doughnuts to take home as well. ;) Welcome back to running!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails