I, for one, was excited for this for a number of reasons:
1) Haven't joined a race for a while- I missed running...
2) Big sis duties. Supporting my brother's (technically) last event in Manila before he flies off to a new life adventure. (Sniff.)
3) Awesome, awesome running shirt (Yes, that actually came 3rd).
4) Running groupie. (Congrats to my 10K newbie troops!)
5) Rockin' groupie. (hahaha. Just kidding.)
6) Nike groupie. ;)
Red Means Go!
It's expected that we'd be walking past the starting line, but what I didn't expect was that I'd still be walking until around the 4th kilometer. Yikes! Anyone who had been there can attest to the sheer number of people packed into narrow streets. In retrospect, I should've weaved through the dense crowd at the onset of the race, maybe then I could've shaved off a bigger chunk from my time...
I can't say it was a good fast run for me. I've been in hiatus for quite a while, and my body was really reminding me of that. Nevertheless, the feel of hitting the pavement in my running shoes still felt great! I'm slowly getting back into the groove. I can't wait to break those PRs once again. Soon.
|Good job, Team Nike!|
|That Reddish Glow|
|Backstage with 10K Newbies, Toots and Lisa- Loving our neon kicks!|
|Parokya ni Edgar|