Click Me!

Thursday, December 09, 2010

Mini Run, Maxi Fun (Nike Run Club Manila 5K Run 2010)


RUN WITH YOUR SIBLINGS.
RUN FOR BROTHERLY LOVE.
RUN THOSE DAMN CALORIES AWAY.
RUN TO LOOK LIKE A GRAPE.
RUN FOR FUN.
RUN AGAIN.
JUST RUN.
There are runs that are just predictably fun- and this is one of them. Granted that most of the fun came after the actual run (the Nike+ Mini doll photoshoots and the Mercato Centrale food fest was a big part of it), it's usually the sum of all parts that make up a terrific Sunday morning.

It was a typical run around Bonifacio Global City, but since I've been on a semi-hiatus for a while, everything seemed like a new experience again. The weather was cool and a bit cloudy, which was just perfect for a run, but ruined my chances of getting a bit of a tan for my glow-in-the-dark legs.

The run was properly managed with ample marshals and water stops. Except for my lungs, there are no complaints. Aaah, I never realized how I missed running, but my body surely felt it. Now I really need another full mary to sign up for next year to give me that much needed push. I've done the Cebu Marathon 2010 and the Condura Skyway Run 2010 this year, so I'm thinking if I should do a part two or pick a new race altogether. Whaddya think? Which 42K should I vie for in 2011? Hmm...

Oh, and as past Nike Runs go, a limited edition freebie for the finisher was up for grabs. The first Human Race had a nifty ID band. Last year's Human Race had a shirt and drawstring bag, I think. This year, it's a miniature version of the Nike runner (Super aliw!). I can't wait to see what's in store for the next year's run. Looks like 2011 will be another year to look forward to!

Nike Run Club Manila 5K run results here.

{Gingerbread Man & Running Fatboy}

{Woo-hoo! Got my limited edition Nike+ Mini Me.}

{Two Runners and A Baby}

{}

{Meet my Nike+ Mini Me}



{Sibling Support}

{Swoosh Man at Work}

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails