Click Me!

Monday, December 07, 2009

One Caffeinated Christmas Wishlist

I have to make a wishlist for a Yuletide Ball Kris Kringle this weekend. That being said, I was also asked what my New Year's resolution would be. It got me thinking back to the sacrifice I did for lent. Give up coffee for 40 days and 40 nights. And since I've been so well-behaved then (that excludes being little miss crankypants, by the way), it's only fair that I ask for a few caffeine-infused gifts on my wishlist, dontchathink? ;)

1. The One At The Office Canteen

Is it so weird that I want one of these beside my bed? You know, like a personal fridge? My 2 week old discovery-- the Nescafe vendo machine. I'm absolutely addicted to it. For a vending machine spit-out, the cappuccino and latte are surprisingly good. And unlike that other coin-eating machine, you'll always leave the slots with a perk!

2. The One That Looks Like An Apple

My friend, Bernie*, has one. It's so cool. The coffee comes in easy-to-use single serve pods which makes it so convenient and economical. I want one on my work table. Besides, it matches my Mac already.

Step 1: Open lid
Step 2: Insert pod
Step 3: Pour H2O
Step 4: Push BREW
(Wait 3 minutes)
Step 5: Experience pure bliss...


3. The One That Makes Me Go Ooooh~

I am irrevocably in love, love, love with this. I've decided I want mine in mosaic (there's a shiny black one). I press my nose up to Alessi's window every time I walk by. Sometimes, when no one is looking, I even drool.

4. The One That Isn't A Knock-Off

I've been using the regular almond essence (that comes in that tiny green bottle) to flavor my coffee, and it works just fine. Still, it's nice to indulge in authentic barista mode every now and then. One soy latte with almond, please!

Orgeat (OHR-ZHAT) is an old English word related to the Italian "orzata", meaning almond.
.
And last but not the least...

5. The One With Good Times With F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
A daily dose that keeps me sane. Good friends, good times.
* The one as the Caramel Macchiato with whipped cream on top (See #2).
I hope everyone gets to cross something off their Christmas lists. Happy holidays, readers!
P.S. Here's hoping I win in next year's costume party (just like I did Halloween 2008). In the meantime, winning a Starbucks treat from NomNomClub.com would be an awesome filler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails