Isn't it fun that you find inspiration in the oddest places? I happen to be a sucker for commercialized commodities.
This little guy has been sitting on top of my monitor and staring at me for months. So, I guess it was only fair that I stare back, right? Black. White. Silver. Gold. Purple. It was love at first sight.
I've always toyed with the idea of an all-white studio (maybe 3 walls and an accent one) for a number of reasons:
- It's reminiscent of my former work room (which has been sneakily converted into a stock room when I was away on my "sabbatical")
- It's a make-the-room-look-bigger-and-brighter interior illusion
- It matches my beloved Macky (Yes, I named my mac Mack. I know, I know, so utterly original...)
- It's an instant background for "dropping out" projects
- It's like a big, white sheet of paper waiting to be drawn on. (Perfect for mental notes!)
(I can always use the white as a base coat.)