Click Me!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Postcards from the Temple Run (1st Angkor Empire Marathon 2014)

Siem Reap, Cambodia-- I couldn't help but take photos during the race (so distracting though. haha). Saying that I've immortalized this run would be an understatement. You simply cannot capture the full majesty of Angkor, but I hope that you enjoy "running with me" as you sit back and mentally plan for your (future) Temple Run. 

Enjoy! ;)

Disclaimer: Trigger happy runner. Bandwidths, please bear with me.

Philippines... Present!
L-R; April, Joel, Jinoe (of Takbo.ph), Roselle (Running Diva), and me. 

At the 42K starting line.

The city of Siem Reap at dawn.

En route to Angkor.

Cows to keep us company.

Evenly spaced out water stations.

Sweet green bananas at the fueling station.

First of the many temple sightings.

Photo op courtesy of a friendly runner from Hong Kong.

The heat is on in Angkor.

The Bayon Temple is awesome.

Right on.

Coffee break at the half way mark.

Jinoe (of Takbo.ph) running strong.

They say marathoners are crazy, border lining basket case. I agree.
(Now, where's that basket case badge of mine?)

At around this point, don't mind if I do!

Photo op here.

Welcome to the countryside.

Smiles and cheers from the kids of Cambodia.

Much needed cookie rush.

It's getting hot...

You can't help but slow down before you pass these entryways.

Long, dusty... takes your breath away.

The Elephant Terrace perimeter.

The Bayon Temple. A must. 

Elephants and runners crossing.

Almost there. Traffic!
Angkor Run Finishers! Hooray!
L-R: Joel, April, Roselle, Jinoe, me, and my sister, Jeanne (10K).

L-R: Me, Jinoe (Takbo.ph), and Roselle (Running Diva)

Saucony babies.

Read about my Temple Run race experience here. (BLOG POST TO FOLLOW)
Read about my Temple Run race kit redemption here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails