Click Me!

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

“My Great Food 15-Second Cooking Challenge”

Soooo, well, this happened...



Because I've been watching too much of Cupcake Wars on TV. 

And it's hot. 

And I wanted a beer. 

And brownies. 

Hey, it's summer! The season of throwing caution and calories into the wind. haha. I guess I'll just have to run an extra mile tomorrow. ;)


Recipe: Beer Batter Bacon Brownies
1 pack Magnolia Fudge Brownie Mix (The recipe is printed at the back of the box, but basically you just need oil, an egg, and switch the water for beer.)
A bottle of San Miguel Cerveza Negra (Or two. Just in case it gets too hot baking. ;) haha) 
1 pack Purefoods Honeycured Bacon

I used Cerveza Negra, a dark lager with caramel undertones, to complement the richness of the fudge brownie. Bitter, sweet, bold mass of chocolate-y goodness. Then topped it off with honeycured bacon to give it that crispy, salty contrast. 

Yup. 

No midnight snacking remorse at all. My only remorse was that I didn't put bacon bits inside the batter. Noted- for future reference.


www.mygreatfood.com

Add "My Great Food" on Facebook here.
Browse recipes on the "My Great Food" website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails