Click Me!

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

"My Great Food 15-Second Cooking Challenge"

I've been doing a lot of reading about the effects of coffee on running lately. And while it's still pretty much debatable, I am happy to see that the pros outweigh the cons regarding that magical elixir we all know and love.

To celebrate, here's a summer-inspired recipe I cooked up featuring the athlete's not-so-secret, secret ingredient-- coffee! After all, with all that running in this summer heat, you'll need that backyard barbeque break and extra caffeine jolt to recover faster

As with everything, the operative word is 'in moderation'. So, go ahead, indulge. And slather on a few more slabs in there for, you know, motivation on your next run. ;) haha


 
Recipe: Coffee-Rubbed BBQ Ribs
1 1/2 tsps San Mig Coffee Honeycino
1 tsp brown sugar

1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 rock salt
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1 kilo Monterey American Pork Ribs

1. Combine all dry ingredients together. Mix well.
2. Rub coffee spice mix all over meat.
3. Marinate for 1-2 hours.
4. Steam (until only slightly undercooked).
5. Grill.
6. Enjoy!

I improvised with the honey flavored coffee. I find that the honey's golden sweetness is the perfect accompaniment to the bitter coffee undertones. I added grilled pineapples (Yum!) as a side dish too. Summer perfection!!!

www.mygreatfood.com

Add "My Great Food" on Facebook here.
Browse recipes on the "My Great Food" website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails