Scars are a scarcity nowadays. And I'm not quite sure it's a good thing. I had countless scars throughout my childhood (and even as I grew into adulthood. haha). From stitches on my chin, to knees that resembled a tocino, every scar held a memory.
It reminded me of days spent running on the grass while dribbling a football with my teammates; Falling UP the stairs while playing cops & robbers with my siblings; Tripping over my two left feet, and laughing about it.
Scars, to me, meant getting off my butt and ACTUALLY MOVING. Experiencing. Living.
I wear my scars with pride.
Well, maybe except on days when I'm all dolled up in a mini skirt. ;)
Here's a throwback of my collection of scars. From the good, the bad, and the fugly (funny-ugly). What's your scar story?
1. Blocking a goal from the other team
2. Winning a bet jumping over a hurdle (I was 8. My younger brother bet me I couldn't jump over a counter chain at the supermarket. I did. My prize was six bloody stitches and a lesson in determination... and humility).
3. Rescuing an old lady from being hit by a train (Just kidding! I made that super hero story up.)
|Canine Crime Scene|
*Sorry for the graphic content. It wasn't as bad as it looks.
1. Getting a bad burn from firecrackers
2. Spilling newly boiled water on my thighs (NEVER transfer boiling water to a glass pitcher EVER. Let it cool down first.)
3. Being a casualty from two warring dogs (Even my dogs have scars. :( ~sigh~)
Kris Kross' Jump!
The FUGLY Scar
1. Falling UP the stairs while playing cops & robbers
2. Sliding down the school corridor while dancing to Kris Kross' Jump! on a rainy day (Am I revealing what era I came from with this blog post?)
3. Tripping over my two left feet AFTER a run (See blog post here.)