Click Me!

Sunday, December 02, 2012

The Day I Was Paced by A Rockstar (or Fruit) (Nike We Run Manila 2012)

Nike We Run Manila 2012
The Nike We Run Manila 2012, held in Bonifacio Global City, was your usual hip & cool 10K Nike Run. The running shirt was really nice, the finisher prize was another awesome Nike shirt, and the mini concert after the run was terrific. But what made it extra special this year was "my celebrity pacer". haha. Yep, international superstar, Apl.de.Ap of The Black Eyed Peas fame, was in town, and was one of the runners at the Nike run. I found myself running alongside him (Well, not really with him. More of a meter or two behind him and his running entourage), keeping up with his pace all throughout the race. 

I even got to meet him briefly as well! I told him I was following his pace and used his mohawk in lieu of the pacer balloon. He laughed and told me he hoped he was fast enough for me. I told him, I hoped I had abs like his! Just kidding. About the telling, I mean. I really do wish I had abs like his (or Fergie's).

Thanks Allan Pineda (A.K.A. Apl.de.Ap), for keeping a great running pace. ;)


Us, 10K Nike Runners
My youngest brother managed to be at the VIP tent, while us girls (me and my sis) were on the other side. haha


I am most jealous of the free granola breakfast at the VIP lounge. haha. 


Papparazi
Never the Strangers
Chicosci
Spongecola
Apl.de.Ap of the The Black Eyed Peas


With my "pacer buddies", Apl.de.Ap, and his mohawk. :) 


Nike We Run Manila 2012 Finisher Shirt with all the participating cities (at the back).


Yep, earned this Nike We Run Manila 2012 Finisher Shirt.
Wish I had Apl.de.Ap sign this pala! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails