Click Me!

Monday, December 24, 2012

It's Skyway or the Highway

#4.A.M. #Makati #runningbuddies #longrun
Finally managed to squeeze in a long run. Yay! The weather was perfect. Cool, breezy, cloudy, with a sprinkling of a split-second shower. Tagged along with Dennis & Per, who's training for her first marathon- in Disneyland- on January 2013, and a couple other runners, Val and Mary, who will also be running their first marathons via The Bull Runner's Dream Marathon. Good luck, guys!!!

Meanwhile, I'm happy to start my first official training run for the upcoming Condura Skyway Marathon 2013. Marathon #3, baby! Woo-hoo!!! I know a month (40 days as of today) is a bit of a short notice to train for a full marathon, especially after a long hiatus, but I was feeling quite confident that I could do it.

First of all, since I haven't been consistently running, I've been eating healthier and consciously being more active in mundane tasks. Having coffee break at the office meant walking a whole kilometer to the nearest cafe just to get a cup o' Joe. And that's knowing I have a month's stash of 3-in-1s (I'm not a coffee snob) in my desk drawer.

Secondly, we all know how the Condura 42K slots sold like hotcakes soon as it went up. It was 42K or nothing for me at the Condura Run, so I wasn't expecting to join after learning it's been sold out already. But then slots opened up again just as I was in Greenbelt. Talk about being at the right place at the right time! I say this was meant to be, because my sister was just at the Condura registration area during lunch time, and there were no more 42K slots available anymore. I was in the area that same evening, and casually asked if they still had 42K slots. Surprise, surprise, they were just delivered a handful of bibs a few minutes ago. I'm taking that as a sign from the Universe. I was meant to run the Sky. ;)

To everyone running Condura, see you guys soon!

3 comments:

  1. Uy! I found you! :p This is Mary and Van with an N not L hehehe :)

    Whoaaa 42km ka pala sa Condura! Woohoo!!! See you there :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, hello, marathoner Mary!!! :) Congrats on your first marathon!

      Delete
  2. There is really no other sport like running! If you are running and living active lifestyle, check out this blog: militarygradenutritionals.com/blog/. A lot of useful information about athlete training, diet plans, fitness programs and other important things for athletes, as well as for others who want to be fit.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails